- Ozgur is the recipient of a 2013 Packard Fellowship awarded by the David & Lucile Packard Foundation. Packard Fellowships recognize nation’s most innovative young scientists and engineers.
- Ozgur receives NIH Director’s New Innovator Award from the National Institutes of Health.
- Our project gets highlighted during the Basic Energy Sciences Advisory Committee (BESAC) meeting of the US Department of Energy.
- Duckhoe Kim wins the best poster award at ISPM 2012 . Congratulations Duckhoe!
- Sahin Laboratory wins the highly selective Early Career Research Program Award from the US Department of Energy.
We investigate biological systems that function under physical extremes like short timescales, confinement to nanoscale regions of space, and high mechanical forces. Quite often we encounter interesting phenomena in these biological systems that we enjoy applying to medical, environmental, and energy related problems.